SMA News – Etq – Shabwa – Exclusive Citizens of Shabwa, with attendance of leaders of the southern transitional council of the governorate, headed by Sheikh Ali Mohsen Al-Solimani, civil society organizations, syndicates and trade unions, protested against the deterioration of national currency and poor living conditions on Thursday September 6th, 2018. Protesters resented the corruption of the legitimacy government that led to this catastrophic situation. Protesters also declared their rejection of any consultations or negotiations that overcome the southern public will and their rightful cause. Protesters issued the following statement:
Issued by the southern transitional council, civil society organizations, syndicates and trade unions of Shabwa
In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful and Most Gracious
Free citizens of Shabwa and Citizerns of our glorious southern people: you who wrote history with your gallantry and sacrifices defending your rightful cause and your national soil against Yemeni occupation and its sectarian barbaric militias. Here you are today with even stronger will, in spit of all challenges and tries to break your will and get rid of your cause, here you are to prove that you are willing to sacrifice more when the time comes.
You responded to the call of your national duty and carried your weapons to defend your land. And today you are rising against failure and corruption of your oppressors, in response to the call of the southern transitional council. Today, you are confirming your full support to the statement of the council and stand bravely in the face of those who caused deterioration of national currency, high prices and poor living condition. You are declaring your rejection of any consultations or negotiations that overcome the southern public will and exclude its representatives who carry its expectations. Therefore, we assert the following:
1. Standing against anyone who caused deterioration of national currency, high prices and poor living condition and full rejection of any consultations or negotiations that overcome the southern public will and its rightful cause.
2. Warning the legitimacy authorities against the consequences of its stubbornness, failure and corruption that negatively affects people’s lives.
3. Our full rejection of isolating a a true part of Shabwa soil, directorates of Bihan, to adjoin them to the Yemeni governorate of Mareb.
4. Full transparency according to a clear mechanism to avoid any suspicious deals or illegal privatization of oil exports as such acts give citizens of Shabwa the right to take control over their natural wealth.
5. Only citizens of Shabwa, represented in Shabwa elites, security forces and military troops, have the right to guard and protect oil and gas fields in addition to international companies working in the governorate.
6. Massive breakout of epidemics and illnesses in Shabwa, without any tangible response from official authorities, is a sufficient reason not only to overthrow these authorities but also to file them to courts of justice.
7. All choices are open in front of more escalations against the corruption of this failure government.
We wish mercy for martyrs, quick healing to injured and freedom to captives
ETQ – Shabwa
September 6th, 2018
Home / yemen / Peaceful Angry Marches in Shabwa Reject Negotiations that Overcome the Southern Public Will and Protest Against Deterioration of National Currency
Under auspices pf the Southern Transitional Council, National Social Commission for Banning Weapons in Al-Mansoura Meets Several Security and Military Commanders in Aden
Commission of the National Social Campaign for Banning Weapons and Live Ammunition in streets and …