Upon request of general Aidarous Kassem Al-Zubaidi, president of the southern transitional council, the southern national assembly held its extraordinary round on Thursday August 16th, 2018, Zu Al-Hija 5th, 1439 H.
The session discussed the situation inside the country and the whole region. After discussion, the general assembly would like to confirm the following:
1. All sincere, neutral and realistic efforts of UN envoy, Martin Griffith, are welcomed and we assure that we are very interested in the success of his mission. The national Assembly declares unlimited support to these efforts as the general assembly is keen to his success because of his positive attitude that touched the roots of reality concerning the southern cause.
2. The national assembly denounces any try to overcome the southern people, the southern cause and their representative, the southern transitional council, in any upcoming negotiations and recommends the council to take all convenient measures to refuse any try to overcome and falsify the southern will
3. The national assembly expresses its eagerness and determined will to positively participate in future peace negotiations in the territory, region and the world.
4. The national assembly supports president Al-Zubaidi’s call for fostering national links without marginalization or elimination of any southern party in addition to granting continuation of the national southern dialogue according to national principles agreed upon by the southern people.
5. The negative political discourse used by the legitimacy government will never change ground reality in the south.
6. The national assembly recommends that chairman of the assembly is to issue a press release to explain the national assembly’s attitude towards local issues discussed by members and necessary measures to deal with it.
7. The national assembly confirms full delegation of president Aidarous Kassem Al-Zubaidi to take all measure necessary for participating in any upcoming negotiations and consultations without giving up of any of the southern rights as this is for the benefit of supreme interest of the south.
Glory to Martyrs, Quick Healing for Injured, Freedom to Captives and Dignity to the Free Southern People
Issued by the Extraordinary Round of the Southern National Assembly
Aden – August 16th, 2018