SMA News – Shabwa – Exclusive An urgent meeting was held in Habban on Thursday September 27th, 2018 for the southern resistance in Radoum, Maifaa, Al-Rawda and Habban. The meeting came in response to deteriorated economic and social situations in Shabwa that suffers from the lack of oil extracts and high prices of foods in addition to epidemics like Dengue fever, rabies, Measles and Malaria that led to several deaths in addition to hundreds of sick people while the government and local authority are completely absent. Shabwa is lacking basic services including health care.
Commandership of the southern resistance in the four directorates discussed the suffering of Shabwa citizens because of governmental corruption and agreed on suitable solutions to stop influential personnel of the government from robbing the governorate’s revenuers and direct them instead to relieving the suffering of Shabwa citizens who are under severe negligence and marginalization from the government. The meeting reached several demands from the government and threatened with stopping oil exports from Al-Okla and Al-Oadi field that fill in Al-Nasheema tanks in case their demands are ignored. The following the statement issued by the meeting:
Because of difficult conditions in Shabwa because of high prices of foods and oil extracts in addition to the spread of epidemic in all directorates that led to several deaths and injuries while the government and local authority are completely absent, Shabwa is still suffering from severe negligence, marginalization and denial of its riches and rights that go to influential persons and interest-seekers. Shabwa suffered enough of these corrupt acts of the government that is robbing its riches while citizens are dying of thirst and hunger.
To stop this corrupt government from continuing its war against Shabwa, the southern resistance of Radoum, Maifaa, Al-Rawda and Habban held an urgent meeting on Thursday September 27th, 2018 to discuss its responsibilities towards Shabwa citizens and how to relieve their suffering. The meeting decided the following:
1. We warn those corrupt persons from continuing their corruption and to respond to Shabwa demands. In case they don’t, we will stop oil extracts immediately and will escalate to a higher level.
2. Oil production of Shabwa should be uncovered in accurate numbers and Shabwa’s share should be delivered to the Central Bank in Shabwa. In addition, other revenues should be delivered to the Central Bank in Shabwa and shouldn’t be spent unless a clear initiative is devices to guarantee not to spend it in a corrupt manner.
3. Northern troops should be withdrawn from Al-Okla and replaced by Shabwa and southern troops. Employment in Shabwa from outside Shabwa should be stopped and Shabwa citizens should have the priority in their directorates.
4. Army and Shabwa Elites troops should have the right of protecting the tube according to their station positions in addition to paying salaries of civilian security guards.
5. Stopping the corrupt company of Al-Hothaili from transporting oil and providing this right to Shabwa citizens.
6. Increasing Shabwa’s share of oil.
7. Shabwa’s share of oil revenues should be used in infrastructure and health care projects.
8. Rejecting any illusionary projects that manipulate Shabwa’s share
9. We demand all citizens of Shabwa in all directorates and military and security personnel to stand against this corruption.
10. We demand all commanders and members of the resistance in other directorates to join this statement.
Issued by: Southern Resistance in Radoum, Maifaa, Al-Rawda and Habban
Thursday September 27th, 2018
Fadl Al-Gaadi, member of the presidency of the southern transitional council, comforted the southern people …